When we code, we often don’t rely on single bulkier packages. Since a bulkier framework would tie you up and some of its core-functionality isn’t really good for your app performance or maintainability.
For instance, you would like to bring your own ORM which you are using in small to big products. A native ORM is more likely to support more drivers than a full-fledged framework.
Top 10 must have npm packages
- Express – Express framework is extremely lightweight and many developers have expanded it. You can find many extensions of express in npmjs site.
- Moment – Moment is a goto package for time-based calculation or formatting time.
- Sequelize Or Mongoose – Sequelize is an AR-based ORM and support multiple relational databases. It comes with all the important functionality. File mongoose is for MongoDB
- Gulp – Depending on your choice, you would want Grunt or Gulp, my personal choice is Gulp as it gives more control.
- Bluebird – More of the advanced promises features are available in this package. My personal favorite is Promise.race.
- Lodash – Lodash comes up with a lot of small functions which you can use to modify, manipulate data.
- Chalk – Chalk is a complete solution to style terminal
- Bunyan – Bunyan enables you to format codes in more readable and expressive
- Got – Got is the most powerful package to send out requests.